SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weekend Update

Sorry I haven't written for a few days.

This past weekend we (Harvey, Andrew and I) went to my parents for the Sabbath (we are religious Jews). It was very nice and relaxing. I told my parents that they needed to buy a gate for their stairs because Andrew has started crawling all over the place. My parents really enjoy seeing and spending time with Andrew. They always plan some fun activity for their time together. I think that it is really nice for all of them - my parents get to enjoy their grandchild and Andrew gets to have a close relationship with them. I hope that it continues that way in the future. Also, Andrew really loves my stepfather (and father-in-law) - he seriously does not want to go to anybody else when they are around. I think it is a guy thing :-)

So Andrew was still sick on the Sabbath and because of that he hasn't been napping well. I know that resting would help him to get better faster but try telling that to an eight and a half month old! So on the Sabbath it was the same thing. I felt so bad for him that I let him take a nap in my arms - I really enjoyed it. I love staring at him and he always looks so peaceful. Awww. Then since it seemed like Andrew really needed another nap, Harvey and I took a nice walk. Within a few minutes of us leaving the house, Andrew fell asleep. I think that besides for being sick it is hard for Andrew to fall asleep when he is with my parents and in-laws because he always feels that he is going to miss something.

Harvey and I had a wedding evening on Sunday so my parents graciously watched Andrew for another day. I was really looking forward to this wedding but I will get to that later. So on Sunday, my parents took Andrew to a carnival and they saw a man in a mask and musicians playing instruments. I am so proud of Andrew because he wasn't scared of the man in the mask. He also watched and smiled at the musicians. I guess the musicians liked him also because they let him play the drums with them and then he started to sing with them. I wish I was there!

Later that day, my parents took Andrew to feed the ducks. Since my baby loves to eat (well his appetite has gotten a little smaller since he has been sick but thank G-d he is beginning to feel better now) and thinks that he should eat whenever anyone else is eating I am not sure that he liked sharing his food with the ducks. He just kind of looked at them with a strange face wondering what was going on.

No comments: