SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Previous Incidence

Yesterday morning was just one of those mornings. Since we had changed the clock this past Saturday night ("Spring forward" is never quite as good as "Fall back") I guess I am a little off schedule. My wonderful husband woke up early on Sunday and let me sleep late even though our son was also up. So it isn't like I lost out on sleep.

Of course I overslept on Monday morning. I ended up leaving my house 10 minutes later than I had wanted to. TEN minutes - not bad at all. I would have only been a little late to work except that of course when you have no time to spare (read: negative time) everything else will work against you.

In order to get to work I have to take a bus and two (or three depending on how the transfers go) trains. If anybody lives in NY they can relate to my commuting woes. My bus stop is in the middle of the route. Many times by the time the bus gets to my stop it is packed and will not even stop. This of course happens more often on days when the buses themselves are running late or there is more traffic since it gives people more time to actually get to the earlier stops. So I wait and three buses pass me. I finally get onto the third bus. (Of course by that time there is another bus right behind it.) Then onto the train. There are 2 express trains that stop at my train stop. I just miss my train and I wait as two of the other trains come and go until finally another of my trains come along. Then I get to the last leg of my trip. At that stop there are 2 trains that come - I need the local one but if the express one comes first I will take it and transfer later to one of 2 local trains. This time no trains come. I waited for 15 minutes until any train came. The announcements said "due to a previous incidence there will be a short wait for the __ and __ train. Well at least when the train finally came it was the one that I needed.

All in all, I was only 30 minutes late.

I drove today in order to not have a repeat of yesterday.

No comments: