SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Smileyes

Why smileyes?

I was trying to think of a new screen name that I would capture something of me. I did not want to use the usual nickname, initials, etc. So I chose this - something a little more original. Everyone has always told me that I have a nice smile - one that is warm, inviting, brightens up not only my face but the whole room. Cliche I know. But I do have a nice smile and I smile a lot. A smile is something that can turn things around. Yes a smile will not change any of your serious problems but for a second, just one second it can sometimes make you forget. This is the power of a smile (or a laugh which starts with a smile). If you are having a bad day and a stranger smiles at you in the street it can make you think that life isn't all bad and you might smile back in spite of yourself.

For me the only real smile is the one that reaches your eyes. When smiles do not reach your eyes they are kind of hollow. Don't get me wrong, a smile is still a smile. Sometimes even making yourself put forth that little bit of effort to give a smile even though you don't feel like it can be good but don't fool yourself. Give it your best effort, really feel the smile, the happiness shining through. Hence, "smileyes" - a smile that reaches your eyes.

I can still remember the photo that I took for my high school yearbook. I was smiling , just regular smiling like anyone would dor for a picture. Then the photographer said something (maybe it was about giving a bigger smile) and I started to chuckle. He took a picture right at that moment. When I got all the pictures back, guess which picture was the best. You got it - the picture taken right after he made me laugh. That was the picture with the real smile or the "smileyes".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have something in common. Others also tell me my smile is something they appreciate and they are encouraged by. Keep sharing your smile, dear sister in the Lord! God will bless you for smiling, for Him! He gives us a reason to smile. He fills us with Joy. He rejoices over you with singing, and rests in His Love! (for you) Rejoice in Him! He is Love!