SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Hope to See You Soon

I was speaking to one of my good friends, Pam, last night and she mentioned that her family will probably be moving soon (out of the country). Pam had mentioned it in the past but at that point in time nothing was imminent. They wanted to move before their oldest (she has 4 boys) would start school (well, first grade at least). Since I knew her way before he was born, he still seems like a baby to me so I figured that I would deal with it later. Well, he is turning 6 this month and next year will be starting first grade. Gosh, I am getting old!!! This means that they are going to try to move this summer. I know that they haven't sold their house yet or found any place to live yet so it is not happening at this second but obviously they will be working hard to make this happen. Of course after hearing this news, I was very saddened. It is bittersweet since I am happy for her for, hopefully, being able to realize a goal that she has but boy will I miss her. I am saddened also by the fact that our sons (my son and her youngest son are only a month apart) will not get to really know each other. (BTW - My husband and I are planning to move to her neighborhood in a year or two so the kids would have been in school together.) It isn't even like we see each other often. She lives in NJ and I live in NY and between work, children and life we just don't always get a chance. I know that once she moves we will barely get to see each other and we will end up talking on the phone less than we do now (since it will be more money and harder to arrange the time differences) but we will manage. I believe that our friendship will stay strong.

My husband (I don't think I ever mentioned his name but it is Harvey) was very understanding and told me that of course we can go and visit. Visiting another country will definitely be hard to arrange and expensive to but I think that it will be feasible. So I end this post on a positive note - I will not be losing a friend but gaining a vacation spot!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Wow. Now I am curious as to why she is moving out of the country! What a big leap!