SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Chicken Soup Cures All

About a day after Andrew seemed to be getting over his cold another one seemed to be kicking. I was looking through What to Expect the First Year, Second Ed and it said that very often babies will get over one strain of a cold only to develop another strain right after. Obviously this is because they have no immune system and need to build it up. Harvey and I were talking and since we always feel so bad for Andrew we don't want him to be around anybody else so that he won't get sick. We won't though since we know that ultimately it is better for him to be exposed to some things and to build up an immune system.

So last night I decided to make a big batch of chicken soup. I have a huge stock pot so I made a really large one for Harvey and myself. Since I usually add salt when making soup I wanted Andrew to have his own batch because too much salt isn't good for him (I know, it's not good for us either but his little body can handle much less than we can) and so many foods have salt in them anyway so he is already getting enough. So I made a medium pot of chicken soup specially for Andrew. I froze some of Andrews (and ours also) into portions and I think that we will have enough soup to last us until Passover which is in about three weeks. I feel so accomplished.

No comments: