SMILE TODAY AND EVERYDAY

All about me and my life.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Savings

Harvey and I are trying to save for a down payment for a house which we would like to be able to buy within the next two years. Ideally, we would like to move into something next summer. The houses in all of the neighborhoods that we would even consider are SOOO expensive beyond belief. I am not surprised that more young couples/families rent than ever before. For now our goal is to save $1,000 a month. It sounds like a lot but it will not even make a dent in the amount of money that we need but it is about all we can manage right now. (My husband is in the process of starting his own business so soon we should be able to save that $1,000 plus most of his income. If his business doesn't start earning money within a few months then he is going to have to go back to the work force.)

So this past month was the first month that I really tracked and limited our spending. In some categories we went over but in others we were under. I am proud to report that we put into savings a little over $1,000 plus the income that we earned on our savings account! Go us!!! I just hope that it continues.

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

AWESOME and inspiring!

thanks for stopping by my blog. i will add you to my google reader so i can remember to stop in when you post!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow! That is awesome! You guys are on the right track.